Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Failed Veganism

I have not been able to kick the dairy for more than 2 weeks straight at a time. I start the week out on a good vegan diet and inevitably someone wants to order pizza and I always eat a slice. That opens the door for cheese and crackers at get-togethers and caprese salads etc. I've done really well baking without dairy all summer long. I have even managed to give up my former favorite food, REAL BUTTER, on everything, for Earth Balance Spread. I just can't seem to turn down the dairy in social settings.
I'm about 90% dairy free now which is better than before, but I still just wanted to do it, the whole vegan diet, for good you know. I'm not giving up. I say that thinking "what am I not giving up on" dairy, or becoming a vegan? We'll see which one wins. I'll report back in a few months. My cellophane cheese wrappers go off to all you hardcore vegans! You have some major taste bud will power!

No comments: