Friday, March 20, 2009

If you've just got to have a steak.....


So, I know it is really, really, really difficult for some folks to just give up eating meat and dairy. Personally, I couldn't care less if I never ate meat again. I just haven't ever really liked it all that much anyway. I did used to like bacon a lot but I've forgotten about that now. The first time I'm home for one of my mom's Sunday dinners I will probably be craving butter on my biscuits too but I'll survive without it. For the folks out there who do love their meat and dairy but still really care about their own health and the well being of animals, there are options! You can still enjoy all your normal eating habits and feel better about doing so if you just do a little research. One way to know for sure that you are buying smart and compassionately is to only buy products that carry this label: CERTIFIED HUMANE RAISED AND HANDLED The Certified Humane Raised and Handled program is the only farm animal welfare and food labeling program in the U.S. dedicated to improving the welfare of farm animals from birth through slaughter for the 10 billion farm animals raised for food each year. For more info visit the Certified Humane website or just watch this video.


Everyone can help stop animal cruelty. You don't have to become a vegan or even a vegetarian to take action. Making compassionate choices is so much better than not doing anything! It's good for you inside and out, and good for the world. :)

No comments: